GeoSoils is seeking a Draftsperson/Technical Illustrator
Job description includes, but not limited to:
- Generation of AutoCAD maps, cross-sections, and technical figures;
- Generation and revision of all maps, cross-sections, compaction maps, test pit sketches, and other technical figures primarily using AutoCAD and occasional manual drafting;
- Precursory proofreading of all maps, cross-sections, etc;
- Interact with Geologists, Engineers, and clients to complete tasks and solve problems;
- Maintain plotter/scanners and order supplies.
- Proficient in current AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, & Microsoft Word software; must be able to demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD by providing a portfolio of past work,
- Proficient in manual drafting,
- Basic understanding and operation of office equipment, as relates to job,
- Familiarity with Windows Operating System,
- Must be able to read, write and speak and understand English fluently in order to give and take instructions,
- Must have a minimum of a high school education, but a college degree or a trade school certificate in AutoCAD is preferred,
- Knowledge of geology and/or geotechnical engineering desired,
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD by providing a portfolio of past work,
- Must be capable of working well in an occasionally high stress environment with multiple tasks and clients, in a professional manner.
- Extended periods of sitting and data input, taking breaks as needed,
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and fingers related to computer work
- Ability to comfortably see computer monitor, whether by natural or enhanced light
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (818) 785-1548.